Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress like post form

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dcp3450
    Participant

I’m working on a complete redesign of my company’s site. To accomplish what we need I have to create a CMS. To avoid a looong explanation, installing any CMS like wordpress, joomla, dupral, and others was shot down for some very frustrating reasons.

I’ve created basic CMSs in the past but nothing like what I’m about to undertake. I’ll need to be able to create and edit pages similar to how wordpress does it. i understand how to interact with the databases, what I’m trying to learn is the post element that wordpress uses.

Wordpress post update has two views: visual and html. When the user puts data in the "visual box" wordpress writes the code (much like a wysiwyg). When you publish your update wordpress simply saves the code version to their database and pulls it down when you view the page. When you edit a post it fills in that "html" view and shows the result in the "visual box". I understand what’s going on.

The fun part is i need to figure out how to do it :? . I fully understand how foolish this is to try and recreate what has already been created and I know I have big job ahead of me. My choices, however, are pretty limited.

If anyone has any suggestions where I should start to learn how to make an post system that basicaly acts like a wysiwyg please point in some direction.

Thanks.

dcp3450
    Participant

I think i found my solution: TinyMCE http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/index.php

anyone ever use this?

According to their site this is the default editor for wordpress.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.