Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress “Leave a Comment” Anchor Point

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nickwinters
    Participant

Hello,

I’m pretty new to wordpress, but I thought I’d try and become familiar with it by building a personal site. I’m in the process of building now and one issue I’m having is with the Leave a Comment feature.

When on the home page blog, I click on the “Leave a Comment” button for a post which then takes me to a single page featuring that article. When I’m taken to the single page, the anchor point seems to be set directly on the comment field.

Due to my fixed navigation design, this usually gets covered up and it appears that there is nothing on the page unless you scroll up. I’m wondering if there’s a way to determine where the anchor point will land for the “leave a comment” feature? I’d like to move this up if possible so the user at leasts sees some type of content.

Perhaps it would help, just by taking a look: http://pixeltopress.com

All recommendations are greatly appreciated!

nickwinters
    Participant

I think this might have something to do with the fact that I’m utilizing the Jetpack pluggin which has altered the commenting system. Looking into that now.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

nickwinters
    Participant

I believe I’ve found a work-around. I just opened up my theme’s single.php file and added the id #respond further up the page and now things seem to display better.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.