Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress issue “Fatal error: Class ‘xxxxx_Ephemera_Widget’ not found”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    standuncan

Every time I try to bring up this WP blog installed on this particular site it shows:

“Fatal error: Class ‘xxxxx_Ephemera_Widget’ not found in /home/content/h/o/m/admin/html/blog/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 320”

The last thing I did was delete an old default theme in there NOT being used??? Now I can ‘t view the blog, login to the admin panel.. nothing. I went ahead and overwrote the entire “blog” directory with my backup from about 1 week ago and still the same thing?

Any ideas?

chrisburton
    Participant

What’s on line 320?

TheDoc
    standuncan

I looked on line 320 of that file of course, but I didn’t see anything about a ‘Ephemera_Widget’. I left there already, so I’ll have to try to work on it tomorrow. Thanks so far both of you. You guys are always so helpful.

standuncan

blog/wp-includes/widgets.php

lines 312-326 below

class WP_Widget_Factory {
    var $widgets = array();

function WP_Widget_Factory() {
    add_action( 'widgets_init', array( &$this, '_register_widgets' ), 100 );
    }

function register($widget_class) {
    $this->widgets[$widget_class] = & new $widget_class();
    }

function unregister($widget_class) {
    if ( isset($this->widgets[$widget_class]) )
    unset($this->widgets[$widget_class]);
    }

standuncan

@TheDoc, as far as that suggestion goes, I am not using a child theme (not by my choice lol) so it is a modified version of an old default theme. This is an old site I’m working on, done in DW templates, ughh, and they are using those DW templates to modify the old default theme and style it.

What I am trying to do, is update to a new them, but no other changes. As I logged in the admin panel, appearance>themes, there were like 5 or 6 old themes in there. I deleted the extras that werent being used and then this happened. I can’t view the blog, log in, nothing??

TheDoc

No bueno. Hmmmm. And restoring from a backup with all of the old themes did nothing?

standuncan

Yeah, I restored the entire “blog” directory.

The thing that spooks me a little, is I am getting ready to apply an entire new design to the site, hence updating the theme of the blog as well, but… this is an old blog. If I can’t get this fixed, I would have to remove and reinstall wordpress and I am not too experienced at backing up and saving the database and then applying it to the new install and I can’t lose this business’ whole blog history o.O may have to ask from some local wordpress guru help??

TheDoc

Backing up a WordPress DB is actually really easy! I usually go through phpMyAdmin http://codex.wordpress.org/Backing_Up_Your_Database#Using_phpMyAdmin

I would back it all up, then upload it into a new DB and try upgrading WordPress from there. That way you’re working on your own dev environment and can screw up whatever you want!

standuncan

Ok I asked a good friend and she was able to help me out. Turns out this version of wordpress didn’t like my new theme, even though I never activated it. Removed my uploaded theme and all was good after accessing the admin panel. In agreeance with her, now I am going to backup the database, update to the latest version, then reinstall my theme and see what happens. If ok, then I’ll try activating it. Thanks for the help :)

TheDoc

Glad you got it sorted!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.