Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress image through Dashboard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

@nathan2012 No I mean through the backend of WordPress. See the red arrow?

nathan2012

Okay so using the Upload/Insert button I go to ‘From URL’ and select my files that way are you saying this is the best way to do it?
    `
    I have noticed now if I put in the full path for the src="www.mydomain.com/wp-content/themes/mytheme/images/file.png">It displays my image fine. Is it possible to have all my images stored in an images directory in the root of the WordPress installation so that I dont need such a long URL to my files?

Thanks again for all your help with this Chris.. i know its quite frustrating but I think once I get WordPress to do what I want it to it will make things much easier in the long run :)

chrisburton
    Participant

@nathan2012 I’m not frustrated at all. Glad to help. In the backend go to Settings > Media
    From there scroll down until you see Uploading Files and in the Full URL Path to files put in the full path to the images folder in the root of your site.

Example

http://yoursite.com/images
    nathan2012

Sorry I meant myself getting frustrated lol. I have tried that Chris with no joy, is WordPress only able to access images within its theme directory. Im sure I seen one of Chris’ Screencasts where images where located in the root of the WordPress install and referenced. Although granted that was through editing the code in Coda rather than within WordPress dashboard..

chrisburton
    Participant

Try giving a trailing slash at the end? Who knows if @chriscoyier actually hard coded those images into his theme.

nathan2012

I think i found the problem.. Dreamweaver was telling me my images directory had moved but it hadnt so opened Filezilla and made the change and hey Presto :-) Now I see why Chris uses Coda so much instead :P lol

nathan2012

Is it best practice to edit your pages through the WordPress editor or is it there a preferred method?

chrisburton
    Participant

Dreamweaver isn’t the best thing to be using for sure. So it’s working now?

Personally, I use Sublime Text. I’ve never used the WordPress Editor.

nathan2012

Yep appears to be. Thanks for all your help on this. Yea so if I have already made in Dreamweaver/Coda what is the best way to get it into WordPress theme is what I mean?

chrisburton
    Participant

I don’t understand your question. Can you reword it?

nathan2012

Okay sorry.. If I have a website drafted together in HTML and CSS… what is my best method to transfer these HTML files into a WordPress theme

chrisburton
    Participant

Were you planning on putting this into WordPress the whole time?

nathan2012

Not initially but I want to add some functionality which WordPress offers.

chrisburton
    Participant

It’s definitely going to be work. Unless you create custom page templates.

nathan2012

Is there an easier way to do it?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.