Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design WordPress Genesis child theme stylesheet image setting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sarah_L
    Participant

Hello,

Have purchased genesis child theme. Need to change code so particular images on home page do not crop as window is resized, but retain full ratio, getting bigger and smaller with window. Have been advised by support that it’s in this code. Is it possible to advise me what the min-height should be set to without seeing more code? As a guess, I tried 100% and it didn’t work.

@media only screen and (min-width: 800px) {

.hero .wrap,
    .front-page-1 .wrap,
    .front-page-3 .wrap {
    display: table;
    min-height: 40rem;
    height: 1px; /* Fix for Firefox */
    width: 100%;
    }

many thanks,
    Sarah

Beverleyh
    Participant

Unfortunately, you’re relying on responders to have a knowledge of WordPress and the Genesis theme, AND a working example onhand in order to troubleshoot this undesirable behaviour. I have to say, your chances of a helpful response will be slim.

To increase the likelihood of a helpful reply, you’d be better off creating a minimal working example in something like CodePen so that we can see the code and behaviour upfront.

Bear in mind that we don’t need to see the whole codebase. We just need enough HTML, CSS, and an image, to demonstrate the problem. (The whole codebase will just put folks off troubleshooting for you even more).

Sarah_L
    Participant

Thanks Beverlyh, I’ll try to figure out how to do that and get back to you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.