Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress front page issue…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nchipping

Hi all,

I am working on one of my first wordpress websites, and I can’t seem to get the front page to show the ‘blog’ posts that I’m making.

When I say ‘blog’, I mean that it’s a category of Posts. So I have a ‘newsletter’ Posts category, and a ‘blog’ posts category.

Anyway, I’ve read in multiple places that I just need to change the Settings->Reading settings, and put the ‘Front page displays’ to be a static page, and have the Posts page be my ‘Home’ page (so my posts show on my home page).

Long story short, it’s not working. Even if I change it to show my latest posts it doesn’t work. Any ideas or help on this one? I would really, really appreciate it. I have 2 blog posts, and 12 newsletter posts – so SOMETHING should be showing up. Instead, I get this error in the middle of the page (where that stuff should be showing up):

“Page Not Found
    We’re sorry, but the page you are looking for isn’t here.

Try searching for the page you are looking for or using the navigation in the header or sidebar”

I would appreciate any help here. Thanks.

Moofin
    Participant

Am I right in thinking you want two categories to display their posts on your homepage? I would open your index.php and do a query post. You can read more on how to do it here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/query_posts

You will need to find out your category ID and in your query post:

query_posts( 'cat=1,2' );

Hope thats of some use!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.