Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress for Everything?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Simon B

I’m just about to redesign a website, and have been considering using WordPress as the CMS; largely due to Chris’ enthusiasm and Videocasts.

The one thing which is causing me to pause is the fact that I am a complete WordPress novice which has given me the two big questions . . .

Would I be able to easily install a custom built cart in a WordPress based site?

How Search Engine friendly would a WordPress based website and Shop be? Any tips on making the products SE friendly for example?

I see that there are some good out-of-the-box solutions out there for WordPress, but would prefer to build my own for the client’s specific needs. What problems and/or issues could I face using WordPress to provide the bones of the site?

All tips greatly appreciated.

Simon B

Thanks Jitendra. I’m not really after a theme though. Just asking if there are any issues that I might face with the way a WordPress site is constructed (and structured) when it comes to adding a bespoke shopping cart facility? Are there any programming issues with WordPress as opposed to adding the programming to a regular (‘static’) site?

Thanks again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.