Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress – first loading need long time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    derElch
    Participant

Hello all together

i have a small problem with general wordpress installations. i could discover this often by self-hosted wordpress blogs and now again by my new one which i’m creating now.

if i request the blog the first time, it takes around 8-10 seconds to load the full page. if i would reload (clear the cache) now the same page, it takes only around 3, maximum 5 seconds.

the blog have not many graphics and atm only small ones. can anybody confirm this situation? have you some (good) solution how this could be solved? i know its just a small thing but i dont like it ^^

have this to do with all the javascript files in the head/meta area of the document? i read it would be better to place javascript files in the end of the file, so it would load much faster, ok thats wrong, the user would have faster text infront and could already begin to use the website…

would be happy about some answers and tips.

TheDoc

Can’t help much if we don’t have a link!

Also, who are you hosting with? If you say ‘GoDaddy’, there’s your problem.

derElch
    Participant

well as i said, it doesn’t have to do with a particular website. but if it helps… http://dev.eeel.ch/wp/
    and no, its not godaddy. its a hoster from switzerland with an really good connection, i think thats not the problem ^^

TheDoc

Could just be your own connection? First load for me was ~5sec. Subsequent loads were ~3sec.

Your Twitter callbacks are failing a bit, not sure if that’s causing a hang up for you.

Looks like you’ve got some duplicates going on, as well: http://cl.ly/image/321I020D0A3n

TheDoc

I should say: those load times are slower than it should be for a site that is < 1mb, but it's difficult to pinpoint any specific issue.

jimmy
    Participant

First load for me – instantly, ~1-2 secs. Might be my own connection, but if there was a problem somewhere else I would feel it as well.

derElch
    Participant

mhm okey, thank you for your feedbacks. i will keep an eye these points…

TheDoc

@jimmyniceguy – is that using a proper timer or just your own estimates? I’m using the Chrome Inspector network tab.

jimmy
    Participant

My own estimates, it’s just instant. Can’t check with Inspector right now since I’m not on my computer and in my network anymore, but I’ll check it asap.

camdixon
    Participant

You don’t necessarily need chrome extension to do it.

http://www.webpagetest.org/

jimmy
    Participant

840ms according to Chrome Inspector.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.