Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress – Featured Posts for Custom Post Type

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Adams
    Participant

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a plugin (or how to create it from scratch) that enables a simple ‘featured’ function to a custom post type.

Ideally, it’d just like a column in the edit *post_type* screen (the list of posts), that has a toggle for each post to make it featured or not, and then be able to call that up in the loop.

Everything I’ve found is either way out of date (and thus doesn’t support custom post types), or comes with some kind of ridiculous slider built in. Nothing nice and simple.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Nathan

jamygolden
    Nathan Adams
    Participant

Funnily enough, I’m already making extensive use of that plugin. I’ve poured through the documentation again, and know that I can query the values, so that side of it is covered. But is there a way of showing which are set as featured on the Edit Posts list in the admin and accessible by the Quick Edit?

Thanks

Nathan Adams
    Participant

Scratch that, I just realised there is some documentation for that on the author’s blog (instead of in the documentation).
    http://blog.elliotcondon.com/wordpress/advanced-custom-fields-admin-custom-columns/

jamygolden

Cool, I didn’t know about the custom admin columns – Good to know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.