Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Elections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

This seems like it would be simple – but I can’t figure out a good way to approach it.

I need to run an election in WordPress that is not open to the general public. I have a list of people / passwords that are allowed to cast their vote and a list of people that they can vote on.

Any thoughts on how to make that work…?

TheDoc

Presumably you’d use some sort of voting plugin and include it on a private page that requires a user to log into. You can just have them register accounts with your WordPress site. Then just have to make sure you don’t show the results until all of the voting has completed!

My client was very particular that she didn’t want them to have to create an account to cast their vote, but she did want to make sure she was only collecting votes from the people on that list. There are about 500 people voting, and most of them aren’t that computer savvy. I debated a password protected page with a polls plugin – but then I don’t have any way to make sure that only the people that are supposed to vote have all voted and didn’t accidentally vote twice, etc.

TheDoc

If you already have the usernames and passwords, then you could manually register each account yourself?

Is there a quicker way to do that in bulk since it’s about 500 or so users voting…?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.