Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress: edit a custom dynamic table within admin area?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jay0316

I may be doing a new site for a yoga studio in WordPress. They currently have their schedule in a table and you can filter it with a dropdown menu. I know that I can set this up pretty easily with php/mysql; however, I would like them to be able to edit it themselves. My concern is that if I set up some pages for them to do that, they will be editing most of their content within the wordpress interface and then they’d have to come out and edit the schedule table in another spot. Is there a way to set this up so that they can do all their site updates within the wordpress admin?

cybershot
    Participant

I think that you should set it up using categories, not programmed in. This way, you can show each category in a table and then you can easily list categories with a dropdown as it is now. You can also exclude any other categories that you don’t want in the list. This way, they will be able to edit each category in wordpress since each category will be a post. The table should show in the admin area just fine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.