Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress dropdown menu hides behind jQuery image slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    systematick

Hi All,

I’m developing a site for a client using the drop down menu from twenty-ten and the WordPress Content Slide Plugin. The problem is that the drop down menu goes behind the slider.

I’ve tried setting the #access div z-index to 99999 as well as all ul’s and li’s in the menu but they keep hiding behind the slider. I’ve read that removing the absolute positioning from items in the menu stop this problem but then how am I to position the menu items?

Any hints or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Mike

systematick

Fixed it,
    for anyone else who had the same problem I set the display element of the slider div to relative.

cintia
    noahgelman
    Participant

you could also go:

$('.drop-down').hover(function(event) {
    event.stopPropagation();
    });

It does the same thing

@noahgelman – Where would I put that. I tried what systematic put but it didn’t work for me. Please help. Thank you.

noahgelman
    Participant

Sorry, rereading this (a month later?) my answer wouldnt be correct. Try adding a positive z-index to your drop down and a negative one to your slider.

Another problem might be this. Is the slider flash? Is any part of your nav transparent? Any transparent or partly transparent element will always display behind flash, regardless of CSS or java telling it to display on top.

farlane

Thanks cintia for that bit of code. It fixed a difficult issue with WordPress menus and a dynamic image slider!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.