Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress distress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    judahraine

Hey there – thanks for this opportunity to seek help outside the "official" WordPress environment. While I realise that I’m just one little voice amidst a gazillion others, I seem to post my questions and never get any replies and I’m getting just a tad… well, lets be nice and say frustrated! :(

I have struggled to find a theme that will work with my plugins, and eventually (thank goodness) have found one that "drives" them no problem. Currently using wptdpink1 at http://www.judahraine.com/romancewriteup, with wordpress 2.7.

I have a couple of problems, the first of which is customising the CSS (let me say here I’m Cyber-challenged and most "techi-speak" simply goes over the top of my head! Anyway, I’ve experimented and managed to change a lot of things on my own. The problem is that the block that contains the posts and the blocks in the side bar are the same colour. I would like to change this. Both are defined by:

.BlockContent-cc
    {
    position: absolute;
    overflow:hidden;
    z-index: -2;
    top: 7px;
    left: 7px;
    right: 7px;
    bottom: 7px;
    background-color: #C0C0C0;
    }

I’m gathering that somehow I would have to insert code to separate these and specify two different schemes for the post content and the sidebar content. Sounds simple, and probably is, but I have no idea what to do, how to "code" it and where to insert it. Big problem for a dummy like me. :D

My second problem is that when I try to insert a caption with an image in a post, the caption "code" (for want of a better word) displays instead of the actual caption text. :shock:

Lastly, and I realise this isn’t CSS, but I’m throwing it in anyway seeing as I now have your undivided attention (a girl can dream…) is that when I try to preview a post, or click link to open a specific post, it brings up only the post header and footer and not the actual "body" of the post. A bit dumb, that, but have no idea how to start fixing it.

So that’s my sad and sorry story. I would be VERY grateful if some Cyber-guru can tell me (in very simple language) what I should do!!

Many thanks for your time
    Jude

You can target the main content area by

.content .BlockContent-cc
    {
    }

and the sidebar blocks by

.sidebar1BlockContent-cc
    {
    }

Hope that helps you

judahraine

Thank you – I will try this. Just to make sure I’ve got it right:

I use what you have given, and by entering the "stuff" with the relevant (new) colours in the sidebar bit it should allow me to change the colours.

Gottit.

I think. One way to find out…..

You have a wonderful weekend.
    Jude

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.