Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress: Displaying multiple pages (with different page-templates) on one page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    weissraum

hi folks,

i am working on a project where the whole content (all pages) will be displayed on one page. i mean pages including heading, content, specific template etc.

after searching for a possibility to do that i ended up using a plugin called “improved include page”.

with this plugin activated it is very easy to implement a page to a page-template using the [shortcode] which is provided by the plugin.

imagine: i have a custom page template for my “master” page, which should contain all the single pages. every single page has custom fields and a different page-template. the problem is, the plugin canĀ“t display page templates.

is there a better way to do this? sorry, i am very new to all the php wordpress stuff.
    regards stephan

weissraum

no way ?!

weissraum

I can wait ;)

clokey2k
    Participant

I suggested to this person recently that they create a page-template that run’s a second loop to display pages that was the child of this page:

https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/10069/wordpress-pages-and-posts/#Item_6

It’s not bullet proof as my template only displays the pages that are children of my projects page (which I might modify today for flexibility). Also there isn’t away to make a child page that truly a child of the page, not a section of it’s parent.

I might write up my template to assist.

clokey2k
    Participant

Right well I wrote up my sectioned-page idea:

http://clokey2k.com/projects/sectioned-page-wordpress-page-template/

However, I have just re-read your request and realised I have missed the point.

It sounds like the resulting page that you would create would be a mess with all page templates (and styles) back to back.

Maybe in your page template you should call an ‘iframe’ within the loop with the requested URL of each page based on ‘the_permalink();’. May I ask what the purpose of the page would be? as the load time (and server load for that matter!) would be rather crippling as time goes on.

Good luck with that!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.