Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress custom drop-down menu problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

Hi

I am looking to build a customisable drop-down menu, where the user is able to add and subtract page headings to the drop downs by creating categories on the WP menu page. So far I have managed to do this for a more straight forward sub-navigation menu and pointing the code to that, as follows:

The same code is not picking up the styles for the main-navigation drop-downs and I would like some help as to why this is so. Many thanks in advance.

TheDoc

This piece of code will ONLY link to your style.css file.

tobeeornot

What code would then link to nav.css on the same path?

chrisburton
    Participant

@tobeeornot is there a problem using @import?

Also, in the future please keep your explanation to a strong minimum. A lot of people tend to shy away from problems that look like a book of description.

fectio1

Try this code for you style sheet. Place it below your original one

tobeeornot

Thanks Fectio1.

I’ll give that a go now.

tobeeornot

Apologies Chris – I’ll be sure to keep it brief in future and display more patience.

I’m not sure what you mean by @import though…

chrisburton
    Participant
    tobeeornot

@Chris thanks for the link. That is an interesting method but I would like to use the php code just so I know how it is done. I also edited my original questions above.

@fectio1
    if I need the styles to apply to the whole site do I need to specify the page as

?

tobeeornot

@Fectio1 – many thanks, your solution worked well. I simply used this code:

Does anyone have ideas regarding the drop-down menu problem?

TheDoc

Do you have a link to the site? I guess I don’t really understand what you’re trying to do exactly!

tobeeornot

Hi Doc,
    Sorry it is installed locally at the moment so I don’t have a link I can share.

I am trying build a drop-down menu where the headings link to the WP menu option to enable a user to customise the categories. I have created the relevant categories in WP menu and saved it as ‘main navigation’ but the problem appears that the dropdown menu isn’t linking to the css styles and I am not sure why.

TheDoc

Unfortunately without seeing any code or preferably a working link, not much I can suggest!

tobeeornot

I can plug in the code but I didn’t want to overwhelm people with too much stuff. Is it ok with you?

TheDoc

Totally. Just paste the HTML code that is relevant (the menu) and the CSS that is relevant (the menu styles).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.