Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress – Broken Images

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

I have a number of jpg files within the images folder of my custom themes that are linked to a template. I can’t see what is wrong but the images are appearing broken. I can only imagine I have the file path wrong:

leads

Similarly, I am trying to link images dynamically to the custom fields set on the relevant WP back-end page and nothing is appearing. I am using the following code in the relevant template:

' />

I have tried to link this to to the page “images/sales.jpg” in the custom field.

TheDoc

Both will be wrong because it’s not linking to your theme’s folder.

For the first one:

leads

For the second, make sure you are linking to the absolute path of the image. The absolute path would be something like:

http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-content/themes/yourthemename/images/sales.jpg

tobeeornot

@The Doc – thanks for this. For the second one, where I want to link images through custom-fields on the back-end pages, do I not have to use php code as well?

Or did you just mean the path in that page needed readjusting?

TheDoc

Yea, the path needs readjusting. You don’t need to include the domain, but everything after it.

tobeeornot

Out of interest, have you ever deleted a page and then created it again with the same title at another point to find the slug has changed to say /about-2/

Can you ever get it back to its original state?

tobeeornot

By the way, is the php code right with the second one, as the link is not working.

TheDoc

PHP should not be used in the custom field. The PHP is for the first image that you posted.

It probably has about-2 because your deleted page is still in the trash and can be restored. Delete it permanently and you should be able to use /about/.

tobeeornot

Not in the custom field but the corresponding area in the template.

TheDoc

It should be working. Is anything showing at all? Are you running the code within the loop?

tobeeornot

No, nothing is showing and it is within the loop.

TheDoc

Well something must be showing up in the HTML. If you have the following:

' />

Then the minimum that would show up in the HTML would have to be:

Is that what you see?

tobeeornot

Yes, the

is what is showing up in the html.

TheDoc

Can you take a screenshot of what you see in the custom field area of your post? (the edit screen)

tobeeornot

screenshot

Only the Sales box is relevant. I have also tried without the / in front of wp-content.

TheDoc

With or without the slash should work. I don’t know why it’s not working! In case you had any spelling mistakes, try copying what I’ve put below:

If that doesn’t work, post the entire template where you are trying to use the custom field.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.