Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress body.custom-backgraound class??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tayo

I’m creating a child theme based off twentyeleven theme. I want to change the background color of body tag, but when I inspected the body element of twentyeleven with firebug, I noticed that there’s a body class named custom-background that’s preventing me from overriding the default gray background color. How do I tackle this? Thanks.

tayo

I commented out the template tag in the header.php file and I’m now able to change the body tag’s background-color in style.css.

So now I need to research more about what body_class() does and why I encountered this problem in the first place.

From what I’ve read so far, it has something to do with wordpress providing the functionality of being able to change a background depending on what type of page is being viewed (home page, single post page etc).

A detailed explanation will be appreciated, thanks!

TheDoc

The `` function is super important to keep for being able to target specific pages (like posts, pages, archives, etc.).

If it had a class of custom-background then that means that in the Background Settings page (I think that exists in newer WordPress installs) has something set already which you might simply be able to clear.

tayo

I figured body_class() was quite important too. Commenting it out was a temporary fix and an act of frustration ;-) That’s why I want to understand how it works so I can do things “properly”. I’ll go to Background Settings like you suggested, thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.