Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript WordPress Blog Posts Theme issue… (CSS targeting)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zio4

Seems simple enough…

~Here’s your “Blog Post” now all I need to do is add a class with some styling and SHAZAM! I styled my blog posts to match my theme.~

I am, however… missing something that I can’t wrap my head around. I’ve researched and believe me… my google skillz iz dah BOMB! but no… can’t seem to get it.

My issue:
    -I’m just trying to finish up my custom theme. I’m down to styling (CSS) my blog posts. I want them to all be the same (not worried about styling them individually) –

ie: I want all the “Titles” the same (color, font, etc….) / I want the content text the same / so forth and so on…

Help Needed:

I would love someone to enlighten me on how to go about doing so. I need to understand what I need to target with my CSS to style the posts them same.

AntonNiklasson
    Participant

Yeah man, I can tell you’ve got som mad Google skillz!

What usually do is that I have a few standard classes when writing the markup.
    .post, .post-title, .post-meta, .post-body and so on. Implement these in the WordPress loop, and you’re good to go.

Title goes here

Content goes here.

zio4

I do appreciate the insight but I’m still having issues. I tried your approach and I have to be doing something wrong.

Here’s my PHP

id="post-">

">

Would someone be able to show me what to add in the PHP along with a “fake” CSS sheet of classes/ID’s that would correspond to the PHP. I think that would give me a greater understanding of my mental block. Thanks Anton first off (Truly appreciate)! Also, thank you in advanced to any other peoples suggestions!

chrisburton
    Participant

PHP Code

">

Outputs to HTML

Blog Title

Therefore, you would target the h2{} and h2 a{} in your stylesheet to render all post titles.

This is fairly basic, really. You should try the “view source” button to help you. Better yet, use firebug.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.