Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress and No Search Engine Results?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jrgfreelance

I am hosting several sites on one account, but each has its own domain name. Each site is using WordPress. The sites are not related and there shouldn’t be any issues with similar content or weird Google rules. When I type in the exact address in Google, such as http://www.example.com, nothing comes up at all. It’s like the address doesn’t even exist. After waiting months to see if it would work itself out, I tried submitting sitemaps and anything else I could think of to get it to show up, but nothing.

I have had this same issue with another site that is on its own server, but with WordPress in a separate folder referencing http://www.mysite.com/wordpress as the "wordpress address". I even moved the index.php and .htaccess file to the root directory, like it says to do. This site has had great Google results in the past until I installed WordPress.

Has anyone run into this issue, or am I alone here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love WordPress but the lack of search results is upsetting.

Thanks!

~Josh

chazzwick

Go to wordpress settings < privacy and make sure the blog is set to visible. Thats all i can think of at the moment.

jrgfreelance

Hey Chazz,

I appreciate the reply. That WAS the problem! I didn’t know WordPress defaulted to the "I would like to block search engines" option. The noindex, nofollow was killing me. At least that has been the case with my last 3 wordpress installs. Thanks for the quick fix and for calling out my stupidity. It’s always something so simple… yet we think it’s some vast problem. I’ve seriously gone crazy with SEO stuff trying to fix this problem. YES!!!

Josh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.