Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress against ExpressionEngine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    magnus_vb

Hi
    Since there are a lot of WP gurus here – should I use WP instead of EE as a CMS? I don’t build blogs, so the “blogging part” of WP seems unnecessary. And the client should do the content updates.

For you who have experience of both – which is the main difference when developing a site? Truth to tell, I’m really like the EE way: create static pages, create the channels and then add some little code to show the channels content.
    Like this:

{exp:channel:entries
    channel=”services”
    limit=”1″
    }
    (h1){title}(/h1)
    {body_text}
    {/exp:channel:entries}

How is this done in WP? Similar or do I have to write a lot of PHP (I’m bad at it and don’t like it ;)

Tips and links are welcome :)

Regards, Magnus

chrisburton
    Participant

I use Kirby as a CMS. I don’t have to deal with databases. For updates, it’s as simple as replacing a folder without having to worry about plugins breaking. Although it does use PHP, I find it much simpler and easier to understand than WordPress, especially custom fields and pulling in content from other pages.

For clients, the Panel is really simple ( really really simple) to use and customize.

PLNR

@chrsburton,

Kirby, how easy is it to learn ? How much does it cost?
    Much obliged.

chrisburton
    Participant

@PLNR If you don’t mind, create a new topic with all your questions and I’d be glad to answer them.

magnus_vb

Thanks Chris

I will check out Kirby :)

Magnus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.