Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript WordPress Admin Pages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CrownOfMars

I’m in so much pain right now.

I’ve recently moved my WordPress site to a new server but unfortunately im experiencing difficulties getting into Admin. The website can be found
    here.

Whenever i try to access /wp-admin/ it shows as a 404 error. The only page that seems to work is /wp-login.php, however, upon entering my info and trying to login it fails once more.

On the old host i had set up my htaccess file to mod rewrite the /wp-login.php url to display as only /login. This may be where the problem lies. Unfortunately, i seem to have overwritten this htaccess file with the current one, so my old site location is also no longer working. Here is my current htaccess code:

AddHandler php5-script .php

AddType text/x-component .htc

# BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

# END WordPress

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve looked over the net and tried many solutions without fixing the problem.

Thanks.

CrownOfMars

I’m willing to send someone $50 on paypal if they can point me in the right direction to fixing it. Yes, that desperate.

TheDoc

There are a couple of things you’ll need to check.

If you have changed your domain name:

Locate your WordPress database
    Search in all tables for the old domain name
    Update any occurrences of the old domain name to the new one

If you have moved servers:

Open up your wp-config.php file and make sure all of the settings are up to date. For example, if you have changed your hosting you most likely would have had to update this file to change the database that you are pointing to.

bi5on
    Participant

Agree with The Doc, the most common fault is the wordpress redirection failing because the wp-login is on the new server but it’s redirecting (and failing) to the old site’s wp-admin

Would also add that you could check you don’t have any login style plugins that are no longer working after the move as i had a similar problem in this regard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.