Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress 3.1: I ain’t got no < body >

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kevsyers
    Participant

I have a wordpress theme that I created by altering another theme. It worked and displayed perfect. However, when I updated my wordpress to 3.1 nothing is generated in the body tag.

I know this is kind of vague and I can provide code of whatever pages anyone needs to see. I wanted to ask first if this is a problem that someone else has had and if they know of a fix.

I’ve been reading on 3.1 causing issues with certain plugins but I don’t have any active and this is a fresh install of wordpress on this server.

Thanks in advance

(sorry for the bad joke in the headline)

ccc630

I liked the joke in the headline. :) Do you mean there are no classes being automatically attached to the body tag?

kevsyers
    Participant

When I view the code in firebug this is literally what I see:

For some reason nothing is generated inside the body tags.

Thanks

kevsyers
    Participant

Well, here’s something odd. I just did a view source instead of using firebug and it seems to be generating code inside of the tag. But there’s still nothing being displayed.

Here’s the url, it’s a work in progress and my first wordpress theme that I manipulated heavily. I’m almost certain it’s an error in my code.

http://www.christschurchgreenville.com/

ccc630

I don’t know if this is the problem, but it needs to be fixed regardless: in your head, you closed the dropdown script with a /style tag instead of /script:

That could be causing the issue (no promises, of course :).

kevsyers
    Participant

@ccc630 you sir are a masterful wizard of the internet. That fixed my problem and now I owe you a beer.

Those little mistakes drive me nuts.

ccc630

Really glad that solved it! (and always happy to be owed a beer :) — seems like we spend half our lives hunting down errant punctuation marks or other (seemingly) tiny little problems, doesn’t it? :)

As an aside, I tracked the problem down by running the site through the w3 validator (http://validator.w3.org/). I’ve been able to fix a lot of my own bugs that way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.