Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other wordpress 1 million $ question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eduard
    Participant

hey guys please see this image
    Your text to link here…

As you can see from the image, on the top, I have Product Images (which is a custom posts type).

Bellow on yellow I have the custom taxonomies (brands)

On The right on purple I have the sub taxonomies

On the right of that on pink I have the custom post name.

What I’m struggle to achieve is:

On a user go to the media page (the page in question), on the top (dark gray nav bar) it will show as active the CPT (custom post type) name. In this case Product Images

Below I want to show the Taxonomy (Brands), when a user then click on Apple Taxonomy on the right it will show all the sub taxonomies for the Apple Taxonomy. If a user clicks on iPhone 5 / 5c sub taxonomy, it will show on the right all the posts name from that sub taxonomy. And so on. Think of this how the finder on MAC Os works ( you click on an folder in the first column, then on the right it will show all the subfolders and so on)

Is there a possible way to achieve this in wordpress if so how? any tips will be helpful. If some on you guys will help me I can make a paypal donation for your time.

I need this very bad.

Thanks alot.

ultraloveninja
    Participant
    Eduard
    Participant

Hi, thank you for your time, but I didn’t say that I don’t know how to create custom taxonomies I was just in need of some tips on how to achieve that user interaction. I’m almost done with that thing.

Thank you.

Senff
    Participant

You will really make a 1 million $ Paypal donation? I’m in! :D

Not sure what you’re having trouble with to be honest. Is it the HTML structure/code (outputting the taxonomies/categories/etc.), or you need help on how to show a subcategory if you click on a specific “main” category?

Eduard
    Participant

the question was 1 mill $, at least for me. In the end I get this and it’s working as intended. My problem was how to show a subcategory if you click on a specific “main” category and from there how to display post for that subcategory.

in the end I’ve manage to make that happen, I only need to clean up the mess in my code.

Thank you for your time.

Senff
    Participant

Glad you got it working.

Just wondering though how you “connected” the (3rd column) custom post types with the (2nd column) subcategories? I mean internally in WordPress.
    Obviously the connection between column 1 and column 2 is simple (column 2 shows the subcategories of the category selected in column 1). But not sure how you get a custom post type “connected” to a subcategory?

Eduard
    Participant

something like this:

<ul class="products">
                <?php foreach ( $categories as $category ) { ?>
                <?php 
                $querystr = "SELECT $wpdb->posts.*
                                FROM $wpdb->posts, $wpdb->term_relationships, $wpdb->terms
                                WHERE term_id = (" . $category->cat_ID . ")
                                AND term_taxonomy_id = (" . $category->term_taxonomy_id . ")
                                AND ID = object_id
                                AND post_type = 'Product_Image'
                                AND post_status = 'publish'
                                ORDER BY post_date ASC";
                $posts = $wpdb->get_results($querystr, OBJECT);
                $categories2 = get_terms('brands',array('parent' => $category->term_id , 'hide_empty'=> '0', 'orderby' => 'name', 'order' => 'DESC', ));
                ?>

<?php foreach ( $categories2 as $category ) { ?>
                    <?php $posts = get_posts( array( 'brands' => $category->slug, 'post_type' => 'Product_Image', 'showposts' => -1 ) );  ?>
                    <?php foreach($posts as $post) { ?>

<li data-product="<?php echo $category->name; ?>" class="inactive"><?php the_title(); ?></li>

<?php } ?>

<?php } ?>
                <?php } ?>

</ul>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.