Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WooCommerce: Different price options for different customers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mrhines1
    Participant

I am setting up an online store for an art supply company using WooCommerce. I need to be able to offer a discounted price (for all items) to teachers.

So basically when a teacher logs in to their account they will see the discounted prices and when a normal customer logs in to their account they will see the normal prices.

The two issues I see are:

1. How to differentiate the two types of accounts and therefore display the appropriate prices?
    2. The discounted price is not as simple as a set percentage off each item so each item will need a specific normal price and teacher price.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Alen
    Participant

You can use woocommerce_get_price hook and do any necessary logic. So something like:

// Untested Code add_filter('woocommerce_get_price', 'teacher_custom_price', 10, 2); function teacher_custom_price($price, $product) { // if guest, return current price if ( !is_user_logged_in() ) return $price; // check for user role $user = wp_get_current_user(); if ( in_array( "teacher", (array) $user->roles ) { $user_discount = get_user_meta($user->ID, 'discount', true); return $price * $user_discount; } }

If you wish to add custom discounts per user, you can attach meta data to the user and enter their discount value there. Then just access it within teacher_custom_price function and do your maths. See:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.