Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WooCommerce complex product config help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    keithpickering
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m working on a WooCommerce site, and while I have plenty of WP experience, I can’t say the same for WooCommerce.

The site is a sheet music store. Each product is a separate piece of music, and they need to be able to be configured in the following ways:

• Some pieces will have multiple editions, e.g. one version with a shorter duration. The different editions have different starting prices. There can be up to 50 different editions for a single piece.
    • Each edition of each piece must have its own Year, Duration, and Grade attribute.
    • When an edition of a product is selected, the user will be taken to a configuration screen to make further customizations.
    • The configuration screen must allow the user to pick and choose between different parts of the composition: Piccolo, Flute, etc. Each of these parts must also allow selection between a PDF, a physical copy, or both.

As you can see, there are a ton of different options to support. The WooCommerce documentation talks about product attributes and variations, but it’s all for simple customizations like shirt colors – nothing approaching this level of customization. After doing some research, it seems like I’ll need to use the Gravity Forms addon or something similar, but I’m really not sure.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this level of customizability using WooCommerce?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.