Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WIP – New Site for Client – Thoughts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TheDoc

Working on a new site for a new client. They currently have nothing already, so I’m literally starting from scratch (yay).

Would love to hear some of your thoughts on the home page. Please ignore the orange, color scheme has yet to be decided on, and I decided that I would prefer to look at orange while designing! haha

It probably needs some finishing touches, tiny gradient here and there maybe, we’ll see. What are your thoughts?

http://www.killerdonkeys.com/thedoc/ato … design.jpg

PS. Their main concern given the demographic they think that they have was to make sure it was readable, hence the relatively large size of everything.

hal8

Well ive never actually designed a proper site…so i dont know if my views really count (lol)…but yeh i really like it. Looks very clean and easy to read/follow….but as i said im no pro

:D :D

Oh and i actually quite like the orange !!

ikthius

yip looks good doc….

but, this is just me here, on your extra navigation drop down I would get rid of the >> from the links. I would rather just indent it slightly, I think the >> takes away the professional look.

I must admit, I liked the orange. for a site like that, I would add in text size selectors for the audience to have the choice.

but a good looking site from the mock up

TheDoc

Original link has been updated. Colors added, yay!

Iky, I’ll have a look at the double arrows. I would prefer to have something there, we’ll see what I can ponder up.

ikthius
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    Original link has been updated. Colors added, yay!

Iky, I’ll have a look at the double arrows. I would prefer to have something there, we’ll see what I can ponder up.

how about a mono-coloured version, but smaller, of the logo to act as a bullet?

but looking better, I really like how you took the same colours from the logo and used them on the nav bar

I think the site looks clean and professional – well done. The only thing I would change would be the menu items. I would add a gradient to them to make them a bit more interesting, but apart from that I think the site is smooth and nice – well done!

TheDoc

And four months later, I’m STILL waiting for content… this project is so far on the back burner it’s not even funny.

PhilipDahl

make your font 16 px, which is a standard print size. hold up a magazine reading length and sit at your computer reading length and see how the sizes are similar and good for the hard of seeing.

[img]http://informationarchitects.jp/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/typesize_comparison2.jpg[/img]

TheDoc

Phil,

While I appreciate the advice, I’ll be sticking with a nice 13px for this site. 16px font has it’s place, but this site is not it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.