The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

Windows Editers for HTML , CSS , PHP

• # September 11, 2012 at 5:23 am

Can you tell me what is the best text editer for HTML , CSS , PHP in windows

Thank you

# September 11, 2012 at 5:59 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Sublime Text 2 is probably the best IDE for coding. Has support for plugins & has loads of extensibility for different languages, totally worth the price. Though you can use it for free “unlimited trial” – I would seriously recommend buying it to support the developer.

# September 11, 2012 at 6:29 am

I use to be a Dreamweaver fanatic because of how helpful the IDE is. But after using Sublime Text 2 I was hooked on it and bought it. I like it because of all the plugin support it has and I use it both on my Windows machine and my Linux box.

# September 11, 2012 at 9:12 am

Sublime Text 2 hands down, I currently have my settings synced between my Macbook, my tower at home and my developer box at work all through Dropbox.

# September 11, 2012 at 10:57 am

Sublime Text 2 and NotePad++ provide way more useful tools than any other editor on Windows if no mistake, but some people prefere lighter editors like SciTE for example.

# September 11, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I love [Notepad++](, which not only supports HTML, CSS and PHP, but also many other languages like JavaScript. Also supports FTP and SFTP integration.

[Git]( and [Subversion]( support and be downloaded and installed as plugins.

You can also download support for [LESS](, SASS, jQuery and many [other languages](

Plus, it’s completely free and open-source!

# September 11, 2012 at 11:53 pm

komodo edit :)

# September 12, 2012 at 8:51 am

Sublime text 2 – Most use

Notepad++ – Quick editing

Aptana Studio – Remote editing

Netbeans – Handy for getting started with frameworks

# October 2, 2012 at 9:33 am

I would like to recommend Codelobster

This free HTML/PHP editor works by the best way for me.

# October 2, 2012 at 10:29 am

Notepad++ is the best IMO. I’ve used it since day one. Syntax highlighting for a lot of languages, FTP support, Macro support and you can run it off of a USB should you want to. I keep a copy on a flash drive for editing stuff away from my regular computer.

# October 2, 2012 at 10:59 am

Absolutely Sublime Text 2. Hands down.

# October 2, 2012 at 11:10 am

Well if you are just getting into creating a site, and are not really a guru, then Aptana. You can start typing with b and it will give you a list. Then just hit tab.
    If you are a coder, then you really want Sublime Text 2.

# October 6, 2012 at 11:15 am

permanently Sublime Text 2 it´s the better choice for you…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed