Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Windows Apps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    theacefes
    Participant

Windows apps these days can be in written in a variety of languages, just depends on what kind of app you are writing – so it could be C#, C++, or HTML/JS. If you’re familiar with the fundamentals of programming, I would recommend diving into Visual Studio and learning your way around as it’s a powerful IDE for people that know how to use it. The Windows apps tutorials are quite easy imo to follow and you get a lot out of the box.

As for finding your place in the tech world, my advice would be to figure out what you like – and get good at it. Unless you’re applying for some kind of architect or manager position or you are starting your own company, many employers want to see that you have a specific trade that you do very well. The exception to this might be if you are going to work for a very small company where people with a range of skillsets are required.

Of course there are always exceptions. :)

crawls back into cave ;)

nixnerd
    Participant

But I would highly recommend actually learning the languages (I think Windows apps are mostly C#), and not going the “Windows Apps For Dummies” or “auto-convert your website to a Windows app” route.

This. So hard.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.