Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Will flat UI go the way of web 2.0?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

I personally really like flat UI.

I HATED when Apple especially felt everything needed to resemble its analog counterpart. How lame that a notepad on a phone looks just like a notepad in real life. What’s the point?

Anyway, I love flat UI but do you think it’s going to die just like diagonal lines and glass buttons?

chrisburton
    Participant

‘Flat’ UI is not really new. It’s been around for quite some time way before people started calling it a trend. Think of it like fashion. Things come and go and back again.

chrisburton
    Participant

Eh. I don’t think that’s how it really is. The hype was more about the drastic change from skeuomorphism (which Jobs loved) to a flat UI. Not that Apple started the trend. Also, Apple received a lot of dissatisfaction amongst the design community for going with the flat UI trend instead of being more innovative in which they are known for.

chrisburton
    Participant

One big improvement would have been not using Helvetica for the UI and being consistent with the icons, which I find to be completely dreadful (minus the photos icon).

Haha. I do remember. I don’t think anyone would disagree with you there (except Jobs).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.