Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Why Using Framework

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gandalf
    Participant

Am confused in working with Framework or simple PHP. what will be the benefit for me to work in Framework like Codeigniter? as it will be more complex for me to develop an App in that Framework then why might i choose a framework instead of doing work in simple php?

__
    Participant

By using a framework, you have the benefit of having a lot of code already made for you. You might also have tutorials, community support, and so forth. The trade-off is that you’ll need to learn how the framework is intended to work, and it might be inconvenient to do particular things you want.

Writing everything from scratch, you have the advantage of doing it exactly the way you want (which will also -usually- make your code more lightweight as well), but you have to…write everything from scratch.

If you want to try a framework, I’d recommend Laravel or Kohana over codeigniter.

Gandalf
    Participant

any reason for Laravel over Cogeigniter?
    sorry i don’t know really much about them that’s y asking

__
    Participant

I’ve looked at, but not used, both of them; Laravel’s code looks better. It’s also written for more recent versions of PHP, has good docs, and lots of tutorials. I know a lot of people who have used it and recommend it.

Same answer for Kohana, though it’s newer and not as popular.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.