Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Why unable to overwrite style sheet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    knowledgenotebook
    Participant

Hi,

I have a page that uses an included global Style Sheet file, which is necessary but I’d like to overwrite it for some specific element, for instance, for the following Submit button, I’d like to use different background-color etc, thought an inline style would overwrite defined style sheet, but it fails (it does not overwrite),
    <input type=”submit” name=”login” value=”Login” style=”color: #ffffff; background-color: #5dade2; border-color: #5dade2;”>

what’s wrong? Thanks.

noahgelman
    Participant

Can you please show the css from the Style Sheet file that targets this element?

Atelierbram
    Participant

I have a page that uses an included global Style Sheet file

Can you please also post a link to that page?

Atelierbram
    Participant

Maybe you were confused by the linear-gradient which overrides the background-color. In a way the background-color is there only as a fall-back. You can read up on linear-gradients in a recently updated article on this website.

In your CSS style2.css on line nr. 8680 of your ‘unminified’ stylesheet ( or search for input[type="submit"] try to edit the color-values for the gradient

a[role="button"],button,input[type="submit"] {
        background-color: #5dade2;
        background-image: linear-gradient(#5dade2,#1f74ad);
        border: 1px solid #1f74ad; 

(, and then there’s also :hover) …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.