Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Why the Javascript click does not work?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rubencespedes
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Here is the little problem: We are using a video platform called VERSE. They provided us a “callback click” function that will be trigger a pop-up page.

Clicking on some parts of the actual video to call this pop-up page works perfectly, but I want to call the same pop-up page by using a regular link or button on the page.

Here is the example and follow these directions to better understand:
    http://digitalfeast.com/clients/nccv/ncc-verse.html

1- Click on View Story
    2- Hover over the red dot and click the (Explore Areas of Interest)
    3- Click on the first or second squares

You will get the pop-up page that has a specific ID.

Here is the Javascript they provided us:

(function() { window.onload = function() { var frame = document.getElementsByName("verse-iframe")[0].contentWindow; // Variables below (i.e. "menu-1") reference div id from your markup function receiveMessage(event) { var data = (typeof event.data === "String") ? JSON.parse(event.data) : event var modalWindow1 = document.getElementById("ruben-1"); var modalWindow2 = document.getElementById("ruben-2"); var modalWindow3 = document.getElementById("menu-3"); var modalWindow4 = document.getElementById("menu-4"); // Variables below (i.e. "menu-1") reference the unique callback names entered for your hotspots in the Verse editor if (data.data["identifier"] === "ruben-1") { modalWindow1.style.display = "block"; } if (data.data["identifier"] === "ruben-2") { modalWindow2.style.display = "block"; } if (data.data["identifier"] === "menu-3") { modalWindow3.style.display = "block"; } if (data.data["identifier"] === "menu-4") { modalWindow4.style.display = "block"; } } var closeBtns = document.getElementsByClassName("modal-close"); for (var i = 0; i

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks Guys
    -Ruben

chris_2080
    Participant

$('.InvisibleHotspotComponent__root___aed99[aria-label="Chapter ' + chapterNumber + '"]').click();

define chapterNumber on the button and fire the click..

just a hint, hope it helps.

rubencespedes
    Participant

Hey @chris_2080,

Thanks for the help! Can you be more specific where should I place this line of code you provided?
    Is it going to be inside window.onload = function() { or outside?

Also should I use a data-modal to fire the click or regular <a href="#ruben-1"></a>
    <button class="Butt BlueBg"><span>Learn More</span></button>

I really appreciate the help man! :P
    -Ruben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.