Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Why text of the Nav menu with Chrome has a subtle opacity compared to Firefox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    snippet248
    Participant

Checking the css the color in Chrome and in Firefox the value in both is rgba(0,0,0,0.6) but they don’t look the same.. setting with the inspector in Firefox the value rgba(0,0,0,0.5) returns a similar color. Whats going on?
    In case you want to look at the code…
    https://www.otzerling.com/

Shikkediel
    Participant

Fonts lack full predictability across browsers, they just aren’t rendered the same… even in black they look different. I think Firefox’s default is slightly bolder.

snippet248
    Participant

Thanks for the answer, can’t this type of css differences be tested and accordingly adjusted by browsers? Also which one is rendered with more fidelity? Is it Chrome or Firefox?

Shikkediel
    Participant

I couldn’t tell you which browser does what exactly, it’s too inconistent and I have never looked into it that deeply – recognising that it would be mostly frustrating and unproductive because there’s just little one can do. Even setting the same font-weight tends to have different results. These topics have some tips that could lead to more predictability though:

stackoverflow.com/30876894
    stackoverflow.com/5082632

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.