Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Why oh why is IE doing this to me??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

This one has me super stumped. Trying to run the jquery cycle plugin using text:

http://malsup.com/jquery/cycle/int2.html

On this site:

http://granitebasinroofing.com/site/

Works perfect in FF, testimonials fade and can be seen. In IE however, there’s a white box that is around the text (which expands/shrinks with the text as well). I have no clue where it’s inheriting this from. It will take on whatever the background/container color is, which is even more odd. I’ve eliminated any CSS values using the background color of white (except the body).

If I stop the cycle plugin, the white box disappears, so I don’t think it has to do with the CSS…at least, not entirely. I know the plugin is conflicting with something but I can’t figure out for the life of me what it is!

Luminated

Oh and one more note…the cycle plugin basically works by attaching an ID to a group of divs. If I only have one div of testimonials, the white box is gone…the moment I increase it to two divs (two testimonials to cycle back and forth with), the WBOH (white box of hell) returns! :evil:

vezzo

i have the same problem, using the wordcycle plugin in wordpress.
    that uses jquery cycle.

in ie i see this white box behind the pictures and I can’t get rid of it…

any help?

bmsinc

dude i have the same exact problem in IE…HOW did you fix it…i noticed that you had a working example on a clients website….

can you please help me? im pulling my hair out about this!!!

if you need a refresher…its the problem where theres a white box behind text elements inside of div tags for the jquery cycle plugin…when you get rid of all but one div the text is visible…when you add the other divs the space behind the text becomes white and illegible and ONLY in internet explorer….

how on earth did you fix this?

-BMS

Bluej

Well, in case it helps the next person: WordCycle still had display errors in IE8, as of Aug 1, 2011.
    The fix that worked for my website comes to this mini-plugin from the bbpress.com forum.

Put this in your functions.php:

function fix_ie8() {
    if (strpos($_SERVER,”MSIE 8″)) {header(“X-UA-Compatible: IE=7”);}}
    add_action(‘bb_send_headers’,’fix_ie8′); // for bbPress
    add_action(‘send_headers’,’fix_ie8′); // for WordPress

This sends a header just to IE8 users and makes it function like ie7 for your site.

Here is the source post: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/heres-how-to-fix-internet-explorer-8-messing-up-your-design

Best wishes – – –

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.