Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Why is fitvids.js not running when the settings are placed in an external script.js file?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    albi
    Participant

I’am using the HTML5Boilerplate and got all settings for plugins combined in a file called script.js. That file is loaded after jQuery and before closing the body.

I’ve tried to add the settings for the fitvids.js to that script.js file, but it won’t work. When placed inside my HTML file right after script.js it is working.

Can’t see why this is an issue to fitvids.js? Shouldn’t be there no difference at all?

shahgee

I’am using the HTML5 Boilerplate and gotall settings for plugins combined in a file called scritp.js. That file is loaded after jQuery and before colsing the body.

I’ve tried to add the settings for the fitvidsjs to that script.js file, but it won’t work. When placed inside my HTML file right after script.js it is working.

Can’t see why this is an issue to fitvids.js? Shouldn’t be there no difference at all?

Mottie

Please submit an issue, so the author knows there is a problem and can work on a solution.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I mentioned this on GitHub too, but this is the kind of thing that needs to have a live demo we can see to troubleshoot.

albi
    Participant

Debugged it by myself. Sorry for that inconvenience. It’s a local issue, not FitVids.

Next time, I’ll post a demo immediately.

Mottie

Could you please share the problem you were having so that others might benefit?

albi
    Participant

It was another JS which caused to stop all other plugins from working. Has nothing to do with fitvids.js

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.