Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Why have my css background images suddenly stopped showing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lip420

I have been backtracking but the css images in the background are suddenly not showing. How do you figure out why not?

Mysite is esl in sider (dot) com

I thought it was the css sprite, but I replaced it with an old index.css before the sprite and the problem still remained.

Where do you begin to find out what the problem is?

TheDoc

This is not a real file: background-image:(#nav-bg_jpg);

lip420

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean it’s not a real file? How do I write that correctly? Before it said the url of the image, but now it’s using the sprite which is one image.

I checked the CSS validator and they told me there was errors from not adding the sprite correctly. That may be what you’re referring to…

Yet the strange thing is that I replaced the new css-with errors with an old one and that didn’t make a difference.

The background images are not displaying in most browsers. They’re in the site. So if it’s not the CSS file what is it?

lip420

Well I was wrong. I cleared my browsers cache and it is indeed the messed up coding in the sprite that caused the problem. So my next question will be how to properly add the code for the sprite.

TheDoc

background-image:(#nav-bg_jpg);

“#nav-bg_jpg” is not a FILE. It should end in .jpg and shouldn’t have a hash tag in it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.