Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Why does Firefox render this so badly?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shikkediel
    Participant

Not great on IE either but perfectly smooth on Chrome.

https://codepen.io/Shikkediel/pen/EzPpNa?editors=0110

It may not be that evident but more than a few of the flames don’t get faded out properly, instead at the end they instantly disappear.

The animation isn’t that intense, only six images get transitoned over a small part of the screen. I’ve tried all possible tricks to improve it (all related to hardware acceleration) but it seems inherent to the browser to not handle it properly.

Any ideas welcome.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Okay, this is just weird. I just noticed that when I have Chrome open with the same pen, the one on Firefox suddenly runs smoothly.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Anybody else even seeing what I’m referring to? Might be machine/OS related (although I doubt it). Could be good to rule that out.

Not a clue how to solve it, even changing browser config settings has no effect.

taniacr
    Participant

Firefox 66.0.5 Runs perfectly

Shikkediel
    Participant

Okay, thanks for letting me know. All info is appreciated.

Opening Chrome has no influence on IE’s performance but it definitely has an impact on Firefox, which I am rather amazed at.

I’m using onboard graphics, it’ll be interesting to see what adding a graphics card does.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Another detail – when I do a performance check in developer tools (perfectly fine at maximum frame rate), it suddenly also runs smoothly. And it even stays that way after recording has stopped. I’m baffled.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Installed a graphics card recently and the animation is now smooth.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.