Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS White background in layout CSS?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    littletempest
    Participant

I don’t know too much about coding, but I managed to make a layout a while back. It bothered me because of a white background I couldn’t seem to find to change the color. I recently revamped the layout and the white background is still there. Since I don’t know much of coding to remove it, does anyone know what it is or how I can get rid of it? Also, is there a way to cut it into sections instead of just having two long columns? None of the coding I tried worked so i just took it all off. Similar to this one how they have the boxes for each little section.

This is how it looked before. Since I couldn’t remove the background the first time, I made it all white.

This is the coding on the layout.

Any help/advice would be great!

Paulie_D

The coding in the Codepen is very old style using tables and deprecated elements…and I would recommend a complete teardown and rebuild using modern techniques.

Atelierbram
    Participant

My advice would be to switch from using tables for layout, to divs with CSS and any of the CSS-layout modules. Layout is getting better lately in CSS, can use floats, but also flexbox now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.