Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Which solution is better ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jitendra
    Participant

Which solution is better ?

HTML Editor with ftp facility or FTP client with some basic code editing facilities.

All the famous Web Editor has ftp solution inbuilt , like Dreamweaver, MS visual Studio, Coda etc. then why web developer use standalone solution to transfer files.

is ftp comes with full featured web editor has any problem or lacking something?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

mainly down to personal preference. There is no right or wrong… standalone FTP clients are always good for a backup just incase your built in text editor one decides not to work…

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I don’t think you have to choose really. Coda does both very well. Dreamweaver can connect to an FTP site, but from my limited experience, it’s just just an FTP client. You can just give it a server and connect and browser around and download and upload stuff like a regular client.

ikthius
    "jitendra" wrote:
    I’ve tried many free and commercial ftp software. cuteftp has better source editor than others.

I just love edit plus text editor, with code highlighting, and line numbers, so easy to spot mistakes.

and I use FireFTP, what a sweet program, I see on Chris’ tuts that he must have a built in FTP to his coda, which is cool and saves mainly seconds, but only seconds.

Edit plus comes with an FTP client in it, but not tried it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.