Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Which software, and why?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    markthema3
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton I’ve already had both of my co-workers download it, as both have been looking for a good linux web development program. They both love it. So long, Bluefish, Geany and cssed!

markthema3
    Participant

Alright. Got access to a Mac. CODA looks pretty good. I’m still loving Sublime Text, if Sublime text gets FTP by this friday I won’t be using CODA at all though :P

Sargco07

if your willing to learn how to navigate in vi and on a mac, macvim is great! You can add snippets and syntax highlighting support. Once you learn the navigation keys you really can move faster through your code too!

chrisburton
    Participant

@markthema3: Awesome, glad you and your colleagues like it. But I would use Coda over Sublimetext IF I had a Mac :(

I just wanted to say that alongside Sublimetext I use Filezilla as my FTP client. Sublimetext is pretty cool adding on things submitted by users and there is a lot of submissions for FTP integration so hopefully we see that added.

markthema3
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton
    For me, the CSS editor is the only huge deal in Coda, and I would rather have complete and up to date code hinting for every property than have the best dropdown editor in the world. I do like the organization of sites and I probably just need to give it more time. I also use Filezilla, but I couldn’t find a working FTP plugin for Sublimetext. Can you give me a link?

chrisburton
    Participant

@markthema3: Link to what?

markthema3
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton FTP plugin. Can’t seem to find one.

TheDoc

My favourite thing about Coda is the snippets. Much cleaner than other editors I feel.

Plus being able to set up shortcuts is amazing. For example, I type ‘css’ then hit Tab and I get

chrisburton
    Participant

@markthema3 I’m not aware of one for Sublimetext. I believe you misread what I said.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.