Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Which sites are resume appropriate?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

I’ve been doing web development for while now. CSS-Tricks has helped me come a long long way. Currently, I’m contracted to a company in Los Angeles helping them to rebuild their social networking website. It’s a social networking website for artist. (You can check it out here if you’d like: http://www.bluecanvas.com/). I’m building out the new front end. It’s been several months of hard work and we still have 2 months to go.

My question is- is this an appropriate thing to put on my resume? Not necessarily the building of the site, but my question refers to naming the company. Is it okay to go say "Yeah, I built this company’s site and this company’s site."

I guess, to rephrase, what is the proper etiquette is regards to showing off your past work?

telters

I ask the client if it is ok for me to display their website (but I know some people don’t), and then I write a little description about what I did on the website (CMS/Custom Design/SEO/MYSQL), and then sometimes a testimonial fro

TheDoc

Telters has hit the nail on the head. It’s important to get permission from the client to use the work in your portfolio. In a lot of cases, the copyright of the design is transferred over to the client upon completion of the project, so you would legally need to ask permission.

Showing past client work is the only way you get work in the future! You need to show off the work that you’ve done.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.