- This topic is empty.
April 18, 2016 at 12:12 pm #240672giles.gunningParticipant
I’m trying to replicate the website laurelandwolf.com. It’s a website linking interior designers to clients. Clients post their jobs and designers respond with their “design board”. The client pick their favourite design board and then they converse to refine the design then a payment is made (with a % going as commission to myself).
In order to do so, I plan on using WordPress then using plugins to add the functionality required.
The functionality required is –
- Every designer to have a profile where they can be rated and reviewed
- Clients can post their jobs
- Designers can respond and post their “design boards”
- Clients select their favourite “design board”
- Client and designer then speak on an internal messaging platform to discuss/develop the design board
- Client then pays the designers (with a % going as commission to myself)
- Client can then review the designers and rate them.
This is my first time using WordPress so any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.
GilesApril 18, 2016 at 12:38 pm #240675SenffParticipant
My first question would be, if you have no experience with WordPress, why did you decide to use that as the platform for this project?
Now, on to the plugin(s). From what you’re listing, I don’t think a handful of plugins will do exactly what you want/need, let alone one single plugin.
Even if you would find a collection of plugins (each doing a little bit of all the requirements), you might be spending a lot of time “connecting” them to eachother.
My advice would be to use a custom plugin for this. That’s not easy (especially not for someone who uses WordPress for the first time) but it would make most sense to me. You should probably look at other plugins for pieces of code to take/copy/modify into your own plugin.
In essence, break down all the functionality into little pieces. See which parts can be done with a plugin, and which parts you’ll probably have to build yourself.
Good luck! :)April 19, 2016 at 6:54 am #240704
- The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.