Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Which php editor do you recommend for windows?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    daredanger
    Participant

Please recommend a php editor for windows.

yoboubdir

My personal choice is Aptana Studio

If you are looking for an open source one, you can go for Netbeans. Its pretty good and I use it so am saying from experience.

jcrp

Id say Notepad++ it is… I like it versatility. Its helps you learn the markups as it doesnt spoon feed you.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I use Notepad++ but I like Eclipse and Netbeans I know is good, just not had chance to try it yet… :)

CoolAsCarlito
    Participant

My recommendation is phpDesigner 7.

chrisss

phpDesigner is pretty good, full ftp support for editing directly on the server.
    It also has live error checking of code because it runs php in the background. Pretty good for incase you mis a semi-colon on the end of a line.

Shame you have to pay for the newest version though, I think the older version is free.

daredanger
    Participant

Based on suggestions received here, I’ve been using notepad++ for writing php, html and css. There is one thing I wanted to ask to anybody who can help –

Hitting the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+Q in a .php file opened in notepad++ always comments out the selected code in this style.

/* code here */

The above style is applied by the notepad++ even if I hit the shortcut key in html codes which are outside . Is there a way by which I can comment out the html code using a shortcut key in the html style in the .php file.

clokey2k
    Participant

Not that I have found.

Best bet is to record a Macro, save it, and then create a short-cut for it. I just tried it and it works well.

Just record: ‘HOME’ <!– ‘END’ –> That will comment out the single line (not the paragraph)

Record another brave macro to delete the first 4 characters and the last 3 and your set!

daredanger
    Participant

@clokey2k….thanks for the idea…..i’ll give it a try

clod
    Participant

I use free Portable PHP IDE Codelobster PHP Edition.

It have all possibilities like requiring payment IDE, but it really smaller and faster.
    It have pleasant interface and plugins for all most popular frameworks.
    Especially i like CSS inspector which shows all styles belonging to
    selected element which can be edited at once in proper CSS file.

lyleyboy

Give CodeLobster a try. I use that all day every day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.