Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Which Mac?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    codetreck

I am contemplating a Mac for my next computer.

I’d like to know what Chris has and what you guys recommend.

TTFN

TheDoc

I currently have a Macbook attached to an external monitor.

If you want portability, that’s a good way to go, otherwise I’d rock an iMac.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I don’t think you can go wrong. I currently have a mac pro that is awesome but way overkill. I also have a MacBook pro, also awesome. Until recently, all I ever used was an iMac. I just think you need to decide if you portability or not then buy according to budget and what you think will be awesome.

codetreck

@TT_MARK: What is the problem with macbook?

jkevinburton

I code on a MacBook Pro 17" – it’s because it’s just big enough if I want to use a desk and just small enough to be portable.

Saying that…. if I could install a web server and coda (or textmate) on my iPad, I WOULD!

Andy Staple
    Participant

I guess I don’t have the expendable income some of you do to drop 4x the price other computers :lol:

I run a dual Windows 7 and Ubuntu setup and don’t miss apple at all. In fact I love having these 2 instead.

Honestly though, anti-apple aside; I cannot use a laptop as a main computer, it just doesn’t feel right to me so I’d go with an iMac. Almost all the iMacs should run what you need them to so just look at your budget and see what you can get with it.

globedeckdjs

Now that you have decided that you are going to get a Mac, it’s time to figure out which Mac is the right one for you. There really isn’t a wrong choice here, it’s more a matter of getting the best use out of your money and not over or under-spending your hard earned cash.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.