Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Which laptop !!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    apostrophe
    Participant

That machine will have no problem with Adobe CS4, although you can never have too much RAM. I would shop around for more memory and bump it up to 4gb, here’s a good place to start http://www.crucial.com/uk/

You will probably find that you can plug your existing monitor into it so screen size shouldn’t be a problem.

As for Snow Leopard, my understanding is that it will retail for something like $28 in the US which is about £17 (according to the currency converter widget on my mac :D ) and what Apple generally do is give a free upgrade to anyone who bought a new mac just before the release of a new OS.

I made the switch about 4 years ago and have never looked back, for me now, the rare occasion when I have to use a pc is something akin to a trip to the dentist, only without the saving grace of a pretty dental nurse.

Escensi
    "apostrophe" wrote:
    That machine will have no problem with Adobe CS4, although you can never have too much RAM. I would shop around for more memory and bump it up to 4gb, here’s a good place to start http://www.crucial.com/uk/

You will probably find that you can plug your existing monitor into it so screen size shouldn’t be a problem.

As for Snow Leopard, my understanding is that it will retail for something like $28 in the US which is about £17 (according to the currency converter widget on my mac :D ) and what Apple generally do is give a free upgrade to anyone who bought a new mac just before the release of a new OS.

I made the switch about 4 years ago and have never looked back, for me now, the rare occasion when I have to use a pc is something akin to a trip to the dentist, only without the saving grace of a pretty dental nurse.

Apple doesn’t convert currencies, they will still sell for £29 as they do in the US for $29. At least that’s what they do with their Products, not sure on upgrades for Operating SYstems, they’re slightly less I think, but not done via currency.

You’re right! According to apple.com:

Quote:
    If you purchased a qualifying Mac on or after June 8, 2009, that does not include Mac OS X Snow Leopard, you can upgrade for £7.95.

Sweet!

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.