Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS which is the best font for post body?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    raman2572
    Participant

lets share our views about the best font for article or post body ,, ideal font-size ,,, ideal line-height ,,,best font color ,,,best letter spacing

raman2572
    Participant

dont you think #444 color is light for text when background is white

jamygolden
    body{color: #333; font: 14px/1.5 sans-serif;}

That will be Arial for Windows and Helvetica for OSx. As far as I know, Verdana is the most legible font. So perhaps Verdana, sans-serif.

jamygolden

On my site, I’ve gone with:

font: 16px/1.5 "myriad-pro-1","myriad-pro-2",HelveticaNeue,sans-serif;

@sl1dr yeah verdana doesn’t always look very pretty.

shazdeh

Seen HTML5 Boilerplate talk by Paul Irish? verdana, Myriad and Arial, none of these are available on all three platforms. Best is to let browser decide which font looks best. This is the code they use:

/* Font normalization inspired by YUI Library's fonts.css: developer.yahoo.com/yui/ */
    body {
    font:13px/1.231 sans-serif;
    *font-size: small;
    }
    jamygolden

@shazdeh the reason why sans-serif is used in the boilerplate is because Arial looks better than Helvetica in Windows, and Helvetica looks better than Arial on a Mac. By using sans-serif, it defaults Windows to Arial and OSx to Helvetica. In the example I gave, sans-serif is a fallback in case Myriad pro and HelveticaNeue isn’t on the system.

raman2572
    Participant

@jamy_za actually myriad-pro-1 is not a web safe font and is not available on each and every computer so give it a pass ::: so in the race of best web safe font ITS OUT

raman2572
    Participant

now font-size:13px; is stated best by all ,,,,still confusion regarding best font

snillor

I thought setting a font-size in pixels was a bad practice.

I sometimes use Trebuchet MS, although I really hate it’s ampersand.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.