Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other which is best to learn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    suresh

Hey,

i am a web designer now i would like to learn one course in these two which is best for good career please give me a suggestion

1) SEO

2) PHP

Thanks

zackw

PHP

jamygolden

That’s like saying: ‘What’s better… learning guitar or learning the drums?’

I’d go with PHP though.

ralc
    Participant

i’d only go for php if your html, css and javascript are very good, other wise i’d concentrate on those.

But if you did want to learn one of those two subjects maybe SEO, even though i dislike SEO and the crazy things written about it, learning the basics would probably be very benificial (just avoid all the guff and concentrate on the main points, semantic use of elements, good content…)

cybershot
    Participant

I can’t believe that you would split the two up. You should learn both of them. That’s like asking, “Should I go with having only one leg or two?” Really?

Learn php then proceed with any other cms better prefer Magento

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Like was stated above – PHP if your HTML/CSS is strong. SEO will be learnt as you go with this, I would be as cautious of going on a course that teaches you SEO as much as someone ringing me up and telling me they have a front page results place for me on Google.com.

Some of the best seminars about SEO are actually run by Google so I would be on the lookout for one in your area as they tour round globally as far as I know and talk about lots of things.

If you want a quick lesson in SEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv1Ywg560CM

burtflaxton
    Participant

SEO can only be learned through trial/experience and then practically applied. You should learn the SEO basics and integrate that knowledge into your design/development process.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.