Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other where to find an advanced feedback system?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    temew

Ok, so I have built this site for my customer, a local referee club, and the clubs leaders asked me if it’s possible to have a feedback system for the site so that coaches could send feedback straight to the referees of the game. The system would need manageable accounts that can be given to the coaches. The coaches could then sign in to the system and give feedback straight to the referees involved. The admins would be managing and setting up the accounts for the coaches so that they could only see and give feedback to the referees of their previous game. The referees would then sign in to the website and read the feedback or the feedback could be sent to their email.

Any ideas? Hope you understand my question. My english isn’t the best since I’m from Finland.

richtestani

If I am reading this right, it sounds like maybe you could use something like BaseCamp.

http://basecamphq.com/

TT_Mark

Hmm…Basecamp is more of a Project Management solution rather than a feedback system. What you’re looking for would be something more along the lines of a simple messaging system where you can create an event (i.e. a game) and then attach a referee to that game. After the game has finished you can then add comments to that game that only you and the referee can see.

Am I along the right lines?

temew

@richtestani: Basecamp seems to be too complicated for my purposes..

@TT_Mark
    : That is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Are there any ready to use solutions like this out there or would there be something close to this that I can try modify for my purpose? The problem is that I’m not the best php expert.

richtestani

I thought it might be more than you need, but I know it offers a nice workgroup environment where users can post messages, files and such and leave feedback.

Why not looking into a shared calendar platform? Can Google Calendar do this?

richtestani

If all you need is a date + comments, you could easily grab a php calendar class and add in disqus comments.

http://style-vs-substance.com/code/calendar-class-php/
    http://disqus.com/

temew

I would prefer it to be more like an email type of thing, except the receiver (referee) couldn’t respond to the messages sent by the coach. It should have a login for both the coaches and referees. When a coach logs in to the system he sees his previous games and he can then write a comment (brief message) on how the referee managed to do his job. Then the referee could log in and see the comments he has received, but not respond to them (because we don’t want a flame war, only feedback from the coaches).

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Basecamp is nothing like a feedback system.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.