Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Where to buy a domain

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jtwa11
    Participant

I’ve read too many articles and it seems like everyone is promoting their own sponsor.

What I want to do:
    I just want to buy a domain and secure that I own it. I will setup a website in the future.

What do you advise me to do?

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’d say Namecheap. About $10 a year and their interface seems to be a lot easier to work with than GoDaddy. You’ll need that at some point to set up the DNS.

Jtwa11
    Participant

Would you recommond I host my website thorugh a local hoster or should I host on a large site like goDaddy or wpEngine?

I’ve developed a wordpress site, but am unsure what I should do.

Alen
    Participant

Hover.com do doubt.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Not too sure what to recommend about the hosting service. Looked around a lot at some point and decided to set up a small VPS with a relatively unknown provider. Really cheap if it’s unmanaged and it offers a lot of control. Disadvantage (well, depends on how you look at it) is that you’d have to set it up yourself. But I much prefer it over shared hosting, the machine would be “your own” with a unique IP and no bottlenecks when you happen to be on a node where another site is drawing a lot of the resources.

Alen
    Participant

For hosting go with Media Template Grid service or VPS if you do not feel comfortable working with self managed VPS from digital ocean or linode.

lokomotifbag
    Participant

i bought from enom… i think they are good…

nixnerd
    Participant

My vote goes to Gandi.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.