Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design when i have to start responsive design with CSS?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ekka
    Participant

hi guys
    I’m an absolute beginner in CSS and I want to know is it obligatory to start responsive design in CSS at the beginning.
    thank you in advance

Paulie_D

I’m not quite sure what you mean by “at the beginning” but if you mean at the start of the page design process…then the answer is..

It Depends

Firstly, do you want the page to be responsive?

If the answer is No then there is no issue.

If the answer is Yes, then it will save you work in the long run to ensure that the page can be responsive from the start.

Indeed, I would argue that you should always make the page responsive just in case you start with a NO but change your mind later.

It’s much easier to make a responsove page unresponsive that the other way around.

ekka
    Participant

thank you @Paulie_D for your response , but i want to say by “at the beginning” : when we are new to web desigin , because (like i say up in the topic) i’m an absolute beginner and for the moment i try to convert some PSD to HTML/CSS, so when i resize the page i get all in disorder, can you write me the steps of evolution of web designer.
    thank you in advance

Paulie_D

Then with respect you need to do some more research into responsive design / coding. There’s a ton or resources on the interwebz including some pretty neat videos from Chris right here.

Try – http://learnlayout.com/

Or just try building something really basic, just a wireframe essentially, perhaps in Codepen.io and then when you reach a particularly hard part (remember to research first) we can jump in and take a look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.